Top Menu

World-first M&Ms chocolate block launched in Australia

New M&Ms Crispy chocolate bar, just one of six new varieties!

Australians have become the first in the world to taste the newest offering from Mars; the M&Ms chocolate block.

The chocolate block consists of M&Ms combined with milk chocolate in six different varieties.

Mars Chocolate Australia general manager Andrew Loader said Mars was excited to launch the new the new M&M’s block to Australia.

“Mars is a family-owned company and we’re proud to launch a new M&MS product that families will share and enjoy for years to come,” he said

“We believe M&Ms blocks will soon become one of Australia’s favourite block chocolates.”

The range includes six different varieties:

• Almond
  • Milk Original
  • Hazelnut
  • Crispy
  • Crispy Mint
  • Strawberry

The launch was supported by a national integrated campaign featuring television, digital, social and outdoor advertising as well as a range of in-store activations to engage customers.

The new range was made available from the 24th of April in all major supermarkets and convenience stores.

, , , , ,

, , , , ,

15 Responses to World-first M&Ms chocolate block launched in Australia

1. Sue April 28, 2017 at 3:44 am #

You say 6 but have only listed 5 varieties!

2. Lucas April 29, 2017 at 12:20 am #

I hope the chinese have great quality control, because thats where they’re all made. see for yourself on the wrappers.

3. Nosur April 29, 2017 at 5:58 pm #

Shocked to discover they are made in CHINA! I bought one on “sale” at $2.40 and even that is overpriced for Chinese chocolate, and only 155grams!! The blocks are too sweet and not memorable. I love M and M’s but this is way overpriced, not made in Australia or USA and not anything special.

4. Patty May 1, 2017 at 8:39 pm #

Dissappointed they are being made in China, and hugely overpriced

5. Paul May 3, 2017 at 4:46 pm #

Same here…I always buy Mars products (particularly Maltesers) and was appalled when I purchased a block of M&M chocolate to only discover that it is made in China !!!! Not only was the product very mediocre it was expensive $4.79 at Coles. I am really disappointed that they think it is appropriate or acceptable to sell Chinese made chocolate products in Australia . My days of brand loyalty to this company are over !!!

6. Seth May 5, 2017 at 5:35 am #

I also bought this and was revolted to see it was made in china. Will never purchase again

7. Nx May 8, 2017 at 4:49 pm #

I’d stopped buying m&m’s because Mars has been steadily scaling back the weight of the larger sized bags. Original and Peanut used to be a solid 250g across the board. I’m not sure what they are now, but am pretty sure they’re sub-200.

The blocks are 160g and Mars may have won me back, despite the small size. The ‘Milk’ blocks are far too good to boycott. I bought a couple because one of the major grocery chains had them on a half-price introductory special. And they are delicious, absolutely delicious. Not too sweet, creamy and at THAT price, irresistible. The price point will undoubtedly mean I’ll have to wait for them to be on special, but seriously…I’m booked.

8. Nikki May 8, 2017 at 4:50 pm #

See latest facebook post and you will never eat it again! Even without the added ‘protein’ it is the worst tasting chocolate. Yuk!!

9. wayin May 10, 2017 at 12:57 am #

I always read the labels, and the food labeling here is a real joke. The new labeling of what percentage is Australian makes not difference, they still don’t say where the rest comes from, what are they trying to hide?
    here is an image of how they hide the “…Made in|”(the | is where the wrapper conveniently covers the word CHINA.

10. Steve June 1, 2017 at 11:58 pm #

Really disappointed to find that M&M’s chocolate bar is made in China. Tossed it in the rubbish bin because that’s where Chinese chocolate belongs, won’t be buying this again……

11. Susan Cunningham July 6, 2017 at 5:57 pm #

China? Yuk. That did it for me. No more!

12. Mummy July 7, 2017 at 7:51 pm #

Im glad i never bought it i would never buy food from China

13. Dan July 16, 2017 at 9:38 pm #

Who in their right mind would buy any food product made in China

14. Jimmo July 27, 2017 at 2:17 pm #

CHINESE?

15. Ivan August 29, 2017 at 5:12 pm #

I bought a.couple of blocks from Coles and returned them after reading the micro print on the label that they were proudly made in China. Not for my household. Now I see that Cadbury Oreo buscuits are made in Egypt. What the hell happened to Australian made??? Enough.