For the first time ever, the Australasian Association of Convenience Stores’ Gala Awards Dinner and the Convenience & Impulse Convention & Expo will be held side by side. This will be the biggest and most significant national event ever staged by the Australian convenience store industry.
Retailers and suppliers from all banners and brands will gather for two action packed days that will be informative, entertaining and profitable.
The retailer audience consists of the major convenience store chains plus owners and operators of convenience stores, service stations, corner stores, community stores, newsagents, mini marts and foodservice stores that have a convenience offer. Suppliers and wholesalers are also more than welcome.
C-Store have arranged special rates at nearby hotels through Ozaccom, an online accommodation booking engine. To view rates and book online please click here.
Wednesday, August 17 2016
8.30am – 12.00pm AACS Leadership Summit and the AACS PJ Convenience Award judging
12.00pm – 5.00pm C&I Expo Day 1
6.30pm AACS Gala Awards pre-dinner drinks
7pm AACS Gala Awards dinner
Thursday, August 18 2016
8.00am – 10.00am C&I Retailers Breakfast
10.00am – 12.00pm C&I Convention Day 2
12.00pm – 5.00pm C&I Expo Day 2
Visitors will be treated to an impressive line-up of quality local and international Convention presentations from 10.00am to mid-day each day.
Then the Expo opens and visitors will experience first-hand the latest and best in convenience products, services and merchandising. At the same time, the 400 seat Convention Theatre will deliver its crowd into the Expo Hall for five hours of intensive trade activity.
Total attendance at the Expo is expected to exceed 2,000, representing more than 8000 retail outlets and including numerous suppliers as well as 150 companies that will be exhibiting.
More than 800 visitors will book to attend at least one of the Convention sessions and several overseas delegations are expected.
Admission to C&I 2016, the AACS PJ Convenience Awards presentations and the C&I Convention sessions if free. Tickets for the C&I Small Stores Breakfast and the AACS Gala Awards Dinner must be booked in advance.
Delegates will be able to pre-register and book tickets for all events using either the aacs.org.au or the c-store.com.au websites.
Retailers and suppliers from all banners and brands are welcome to attend any or all of the functions over these two days when the focus will be on convenience and impulse industry excellence. All Exhibitors will be made especially welcome at the AACS Gala Awards Dinner.
Convenience & impulse operators from the broader convenience market including:
- Management teams from the major convenience chains
- Petroleum retailers
- Independent chains
- Stand-alone independents
- Mini marts, newsagents and local community stores
- Industry suppliers and wholesalers
At the most recent C&I 2015 event, 43% of attending retailers said that they operate more than one retail outlet. Around half of retailers attending the event operate a combined petroleum and convenience business, with the balance coming from stand-alone stores. A staggering 54% say they do not belong to any buying group.
What’s in it for Visitors?
- A single combined national event compressed into two days, showcasing and recognising best industry practice and cutting edge innovation.
- Free industry education through two Convention sessions, the Small Stores Breakfast and the AACS PJ Convenience Awards presentations – each of which would cost hundreds of dollars to attend if staged commercially.
- A unique chance to see, touch, taste and smell the latest in convenience & impulse products and trends first hand inside one large exhibition hall.
- C&I 2016 Australia’s only industry-based event that is open to retailers and suppliers across all banners and brands. The general public is not admitted
- A chance to network with major retailers and suppliers at the famous AACS Gala Awards Dinner on the Wednesday evening.
- Convenient hours, mid-week timing at a central location, close to public transport and accommodation.
C&I 2016 and the AACS Gala Awards Dinner are the only FMCG-based events that deliver:
- Professionally staged and managed large scale events focused on convenience & impulse retailing and sponsored by the Australasian Association of Convenience Stores
- Access to independent operators who may not be receiving adequate representation
- Access to the major corporate and independent chains
- An opportunity to mix socially with some 600 suppliers and retailers at the AACS Gala Awards Dinner after the Expo closes on the first day.
- Industry-wide saturation advertising for six months beforehand
- Limited demands on staff time, with all administration taken care of online
- Large selection of stand sizes and configurations from $3,210 + GST complete
- Broad-based industry support for the event
There are opportunities for astute exhibitors to leverage their presence at C&I 2016 by sponsoring either of the Convention sessions or the Convenience Cocktails event. Please call us on 02 9555 1355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
For more information and all the prices download our folder
Secure your space now
Book your tickets for the C&I 2016 Small Stores Breakfast AACS Gala Awards Dinner
Call Safa de Valois, Commercial Director C&I Media, on (02) 9660 2113 or email